Riddle thread time

Started by
27 comments, last by BeanDog 11 years, 7 months ago
I liked that math quiz thread, so after posting in there I thought it would be a good idea to start a riddle thread :)

"A man without eyes
Saw plums on a tree.
He took not plums
He left not plums
How can this be?"

I will be pretty impressed if anyone answers correctly. Also, post up your own riddles. Good luck!
Advertisement
"Cause it wasn't a plum tree
The man hallucinated probableeee"

or

"Cause the plums where pushed in place of his eyes
Don't do this at home. MEMORIZE!!!!11"

-Szecs the Poet
My guess is that he had a dream about seeing a plum tree. He can see in a dream, even without eyes. He can't actually take the plums from the tree since they don't actually exist, and since they don't exist, he can't leave any either.
I'm pretty sure the following is the answer... but I've heard a very similar riddle before, which is a bit of an unfair advantage.

[spoiler]A man with one eye (not eyes) saw a tree with two plums. He took one plum (not plums), leaving one plum (not plums) on the tree.[/spoiler]

There's a good riddle in the back of my mind, but I'm not entirely sure of the wording. I'll try to remember how it goes and post it.

(Posted from mobile.)

- Jason Astle-Adams

I am pretty sure jb has it right. one problem with riddles is that there can be multiple answers because the original designer didn't imagine and therefore couldn't work to eliminate answers he didn't think of.

"A man without eyes
Saw plums on a tree.
He took not plums
He left not plums
How can this be?"

He was plum crazy?

[hr]
Word puzzle: "A guiding flower"

I came up with this a month or so ago. Felt embarrassingly proud of it, and thought it might be good as a riddle in a video game.
It has a good reasonable answer to it. The answer is in the form: "A _______ ____", just like the puzzle.
Hehe. Of course jbadams is correct, but I like the dream/hallucination answers as well! Ok, I'll try and think up some more :)
Servant of the Lord, is the answer:
[spoiler]
a compass rose?
[/spoiler]

Servant of the Lord, is the answer:
[spoiler]
a compass rose?
[/spoiler]

Yep. Nice job.
I'm not sure if this is a well known riddle or not, but here it goes: the man who made it doesn't want it, the man who bought it doesn't need it, the man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement