VBO under WIn7 64bit

Started by
1 comment, last by Aroidzap 11 years, 7 months ago
Hi there:
These days I am trying to move my project from WinXP32 to WIn7 64bit. Well, it's crushed. The first problem I have found is VBO. If I use VA, it works fine, but VBO not. It shows memory error when calling glDrawElements(). So anybody have any idea?
PS: I am using Vs2005 32bit. will it be the problem? should I use vs2010 64bit instead of vs2005?
Thanks for your help!
Advertisement
This should work just fine. OS or compiler aren't going to be relevant, the key factors are your gfx card and driver. You can compile a 32-bit program and it will run perfectly fine in 64-bit Windows, so with all else being equal my best guess is that you've got either (a) a code bug that one driver swallows benignly but the other driver doesn't like, or (b) a buggy driver on the 7 machine. With functionality as old and well-supported as VBOs the most likely is (a) but without seeing some code examples it's hard to say any more.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

Check your code for bad pointers. I expect you can have some glVertexAttribPointer() pointers fixed, where you have to use sizeof()

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement