• Create Account

3rd party solutions for virtual goods and inventory?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 zainanak   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hey guys. So we're building out our next game, and while we know plenty about things like graphics development, general game development, etc., we're very green when it comes to virtual goods, online payments, and the other pieces needed for a free to play game.

As a result, we're looking to 3rd party providers to help us out. There's the obvious option of going with Steam, but we'd like to avoid that at first, mostly due to their stiff royalty structure.

What does that leave us with? What systems do you have experience with that can handle the billing, accounts, and inventory tracking?

Thanks so much!!

Edited by zainanak, 06 September 2012 - 02:15 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 MunuTMB   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Hi zainanak! Some friends and I are developing a prototype for gifting/sales of in-game goods and are researching game developer needs to
ensure our platform helps teams like yours. Perhaps we can be of some assistance- we are interested in learning more about what you are looking for in a solution.

#3 Shippou   Members   -  Reputation: 1471

0Likes

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

What language(s) are you using?
As far as online payments, PayPal has many options available ( I do not know your situation, so I can not make a more specific suggestion ) .
In my experience, it's not to difficult to handle the issue of "payment received" messages with the server ( PayPal makes it easy ), however one has to know how to be flexible with the code.
Again I apologize for not being more specific, I just do not know your unique situation. Please check many different vendors, and ask a lot of questions.

Reactions To Technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

- Douglas Adams 2002

#4 Greg Quinn   Members   -  Reputation: 151

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

getgambit.com

playspan.com

sometrics.com

livegamer.com

radiumone.com

playerio.com

Quite a few other services here here..

http://unity3d.com/asset-store/online-services

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS