• Create Account

Problems in C++ header paths in xCode

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Quittouff   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi everyone,

We bought an iMac to port our game from PC to mac, and I'm a true beginner with xCode. Our (in-house) engine and game are fully in C++ and I'm currently trying to make the projects under xCode. But I'm not very far in the process as I spent my entire first day with a header path problem...

Note: I'm using xCode 4.4 under OS X 10.8.1 (Mountain Lion)

So the problem is that the compiler seems to mess up header paths. Here is the deal:

I have my xproject in Sources/MakeFiles/xCode/Base/base.xproject
I have all my project sources (headers and cpp) in Sources/Base/
Now I added all the files to the project, no problem, but it couldn't find the headers, so I go to the options, add ../../../ to "Header Search path" (so the root of the include directory is "Sources"), I don't check the recursive option, it now finds my headers.

But when I include <string> which includes <string.h>(via some nested headers like cstring), the compiler go for a file located in Sources/Base/String/String.h. But I haven't checked the "recursive" checkbox!

So I know I could rename my headers or change every includes to use "" instead of <>. But it's a fairly big project (2500+ files) and I really don't want to mess all up for something which looks like a bug on xCode part, or silly misuse on mine.

I tried a lot of things, including copying all system headers in a custom dir and adding this dir first in "Header Search path", it always includes my Base/String/String.h instead of <string.h>

Am I missing something? I feel so dumb! I spent nearly 12 hours on this, googling, trying tons of insane stuff, I'm in a dead end, please help!

Sponsor:

#2 Quittouff   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Ok, it seems that I finally found a solution. Adding a custom Build setting "USE_HEADERMAP" set to NO stopped the confusion between headers. It seems that xCode uses a "magic recipe" to found your headers (the heade map), and this command disables it. Magic recipes are always baaaad :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS