• Create Account

Recommended game engine for high performance soft body, cloth & fluid with PhysX

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Dvochin   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hi all,

May I obtain the forum's recommendations on 'the best' PhysX-based game engine that features efficient / optimized utilization of Physx's impressive softbody, fluid and cloth performance?

(I would use UDK but its terms are too limiting for our team)

Currently I'm favoring Unity 3D but 1) its softbody has many problems, 2) fluids over 500 particles are very slow and 3) even a single sheet of cloth is all you'd put in a game... clearly not all wrappers around PhysX are created the same!

So which of the many game engines is truly built around an efficient multi-threaded implementation around PhysX? (a nice list of game engines featuring PhysX integration is found at http://physxinfo.com/index.php?p=wrp)

Any hint or past experience in getting good softbody would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Dan,

Edited by Dvochin, 08 September 2012 - 07:58 PM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS