• Create Account

Vertex Arrays + Texture's problem

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marvin   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 12 October 2001 - 08:26 AM

I have found that when using Vertex arrays as i can only specify ONE texture coordinate per vertex, and so i get the wrong texture edges joining together (actual effect) where before when using glBegin-glEnd you could specify diffent texture coordinates at every vertex (desired effect) and they tiled nicely. Is there anyway i can still achive this using vertex arrays? Thanks Edited by - Marvin on October 12, 2001 3:29:02 PM

Sponsor:

#2 siaspete   Members   -  Reputation: 208

Posted 12 October 2001 - 08:36 AM

Hi,

You can only specify one texture coordinate set per texture per vertex - it's just the way the cards work.

You can get around this by either repeating the texture coordinates so the texture tiles, or creating 2 vertices with the same position, but different texture coordinates.

Hope this helps,

- Pete

EDIT:

I wasn't very clear about "repeating" the texture coords.

What I mean is you specify texture coordinates greater than (1,1), and the texture will tile accordingly by wrapping round on itself.

Edited by - siaspete on October 12, 2001 3:43:26 PM

#3 Marvin   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 12 October 2001 - 09:53 AM

Like this?

also do i need to do owt to make it tile? caus wont it strech otherwise?

Ill have a go tommorow and implement it

(creator of diagram wishes to remain anonymous)

Thanks

#4 siaspete   Members   -  Reputation: 208

Posted 12 October 2001 - 12:21 PM

Yeah that looks about right!

:-)

#5 Marvin   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 13 October 2001 - 06:10 AM

"about"

hehe, thanks for your help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS