• Create Account

Small non-trivial thing: Apparently you can do this to your advantage.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 tom_mai78101   Members   -  Reputation: 572

0Likes

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Source.

What some people may or may not know, is that you can actually "grab" a standard library class and use it, by obtaining the source code of a specific Java or Javax library class, and place it into your Android project.

There are some classes when about to be compiled, the source files may contain errors, thus unable to make it work in Android.

The link I have provided says, you can import a Vector Math class into your Android project, and , by my guess, you could make use of its functionality in OpenGL ES related features, without re-inventing some of the wheels.

I wondered if it's possible to make some other useful library classes taken from Java or Javax, put them in the project(s), and get pleasant results from them. This is probably a game changer, right there.

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 21331

1Likes

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Yes, you can drop the source code from somewhere else into your project. Just like dropping any source code into your project.

I assumed this was an obvious thing, but I guess that's something that comes with years of experience.
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 tom_mai78101   Members   -  Reputation: 572

0Likes

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

But the downside of this is, you can't be entirely sure the library(-ies) that you have dropped is compatible with Android's Dalvik virtual machine, such as the Color class. I think it may warrant something like a notice, or disclaimer for some top-notch libraries mentioning that they may or may not be compatible will all Android devices (including devices that's not well-known to consumers).

It's my opinion.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS