• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Finding point on edge of circle in 3-D space

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 PoliticalChaos   Members   -  Reputation: 151

0Likes

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

So here is my question - if I have a point in 3-D space and with that a radius and a degree, how do I use this information to find the position vector at the location.

I have a player in 3D space and I just want to find some of the position data around him for a game mechanic.

Thanks everyone

Sponsor:

#2 clb   Members   -  Reputation: 1786

1Likes

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Here's how I do it in MathGeoLib: Circle::GetPoint. If you have requirements on what direction the angle of 0 degrees corresponds to, you'll have to be more precise how you define the directions BasisU and BasisV in that codepath.
Me+PC=clb.demon.fi | C++ Math and Geometry library: MathGeoLib, test it live! | C++ Game Networking: kNet | 2D Bin Packing: RectangleBinPack | Use gcc/clang/emcc from VS: vs-tool | Resume+Portfolio | gfxapi, test it live!

#3 PoliticalChaos   Members   -  Reputation: 151

0Likes

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks @clb

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS