• Create Account

The National Football League - 2012 to 2013 !

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic

#1 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Good day, guys

Posted Image

Denver Broncos: 31
Pittsburg Steelers: 19

Opening Sunday Night Football - 9 September, 2012 - at Mile High, Denver

I listened to this exciting game on the radio in my cabin on vacation last night.

Who's your favorite team? (Teams)
Who's over-rated or under-rated?
Will your team even make the play-offs?Posted Image
What stadium has the most rockin' game experience?

Feel free to mix it up here on anything having to do with the NFL!

Clinton

Edited by 3Ddreamer, 10 September 2012 - 03:40 PM.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software.  The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game.  Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Sponsor:

#2 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Who's your favorite team? Packers
Who's over-rated or under-rated? Patriots are over-rated. The packers are probably also over-rated; I think they're a great team, but a lot of people talk about them like they're faultless.
Will your team even make the play-offs? probably if they don't play like last weekend.
What stadium has the most rockin' game experience? Lambeau dur.

It's a good year to be Denver. If I had to guess I'd say Denver and either the 49ers or the Packers in the super bowl.

#3 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ah... written like a real Packers fan, there, way2lazy2care!

I feel that Washington Redskins are under-rated.

dreamer

Edited by 3Ddreamer, 10 September 2012 - 09:16 PM.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software.  The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game.  Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#4 Yudhisthira   Members   -  Reputation: 121

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Who's your favorite team? (Teams)
49ers, also enjoy watching the Eagles, Colts and Chargers

Who's over-rated or under-rated?
I think the Jets are over-rated, Detroit under-rated

Will your team even make the play-offs?
The way San-Fran went out last year was heartbreaking but we have a strong team and I think we will be back.

What stadium has the most rockin' game experience?
Wembley!!

#5 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Detroit under-rated

I wouldn't call detroit under-rated anymore. The last 2 years probably, but I think people are aware that they are a good team now and rate them appropriately.

#6 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Lions were in the game most of the way, but lost. I was disappointed by them trying to run the ball a bit too much and I actually like to see running game usually. Now they should be able to make adjustments and get a groove on offense. Their defense obviously kept them in the game most of the way, recognition to them. The whole team plays hard since last season so we should be in for some very exciting game from the Lions.

Clinton

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#7 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Houston Texans - 31
Denver Broncos - 25

Manning with no interceptions this week, but Schaub passed for 4 TDs. I only saw the highlights this week, but the Broncos defense clearly played their worst game so far this season. Texans look like a play-off team.

Tennessee Titans - 44
Detroit Lions - 41

Lions are a better team than this loss indicates. Is Tennessee getting their program together?

Clinton

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#8 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Houston Texans - 31
Denver Broncos - 25

Manning with no interceptions this week, but Schaub passed for 4 TDs. I only saw the highlights this week, but the Broncos defense clearly played their worst game so far this season. Texans look like a play-off team.

Tennessee Titans - 44
Detroit Lions - 41

Lions are a better team than this loss indicates. Is Tennessee getting their program together?

Clinton

The big one this week was the Vikings beating the 49ers imo. I didn't actually watch the game, but after the last 2 weeks I would have expected the vikings to lose handily.

#9 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Yeah, one of the upset games. The Vikings needed a win so bad. Didn't they have the worst record or almost worst in a recent season? My brother is a lifetime Vikings and beer fan. Our nephew loves the 49ers, so I will have to raze him about it and maybe get his other uncle to join me. Posted Image

Clinton

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#10 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

I just wanted to add that I am now sad :(

#11 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Well, at least it is still early in the season. Posted Image

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#12 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Denver Broncos - 37
Oakland Raiders - 6

Sunday, 30 September, 2012

==================================================

Broncos 2-2-0
Patriots 2-2-0 @ New England, Sunday, 7 October, 2012

Who has the edge in the coming game?

I would say Patriots at home, though I want a Bronco win. Both teams enter the game off wins, game ready quarter-backs with elite history, and most starters healthy. New England is tied with Buffalo Bills and NY Jets for the AFC East Division record, so here is another motivator for the Patriots. On the other hand, the Denver organization is experienced in winning hard games. The weather seems to allow no favor.

This game should attract the most attention this coming weekend and be a fun one to watch! Posted Image

Is Brady on top of his game to handle this? Will the Broncos overcome the New England crowd energy? What aspect of the game could most likely tip the contest one way or the other?

It should be back to normal with normal referees!

Clinton

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#13 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

St. Louis - Rams, 17 (3-2-0)
Arizona - Cardinals, 3 (4-1-0)

FINAL - Thursday, 4 October, 2012

==========================================

Wow! What a monster defense appeared last night in St. Louis from the Rams locker room! Robert Quinn - last year first round draft pick and Rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins lead the defense team, other players roming and penetrating the Cardinal plays.

What was lacking in the Cardinals offense to allow this? Three areas contributed most. I'll let you know my view on it soon. I'd be happy if a Rams or Cardinals fan has the answers and posts them here.

Stay tuned to Gamedev NFL Today! Posted Image

Clinton

Edited by 3Ddreamer, 05 October 2012 - 12:18 PM.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#14 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Indianapolis - Colts: 30 (2-2-0) @ Indianapolis
Green Bay - Packers: 27 (2-3-0)

FINAL - Sunday, 7 October, 2012

Key plays between Andrew Luck (Rookie QB) and Reggie Wayne (Experienced Receiver) resulted in an exciting win in the last seconds of Colt possession.

It is early enough in the season for both teams to get a record to enter the play-offs. That fact showed in game intensity today.

Coach Chuck Pagano of the Colts was announced last week as having cancer and going into treatment for at least six weeks. Our prayers are with him and his family.

==============================================

New England - Patriots: 31 (3-2-0) @ New England
Denver Broncos - 21 (2-3-0)

Payton Manning passed for 345 yards and a QB Rating of 116.2 to outperform Tom Brady in those categories, but 3 Broncos ball turnovers and a Patriots running game to eat the time helped New England to get the win. Patriots defense started strong and faded in the 4th quarter while Bronco defense struggled early and got used to the Tom Brady hurry-up offense late in the game, allowing a Bronco rally from behind. Denver was within striking range of making it a one score game when a dropped ball and a fumble gave the game to New England in the final minutes.

This was another very exciting game in a day with many surprises in the NFL, teams fighting to keep their play-off hopes alive.

Clinton

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#15 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Indianapolis - Colts: 30 (2-2-0) @ Indianapolis
Green Bay - Packers: 27 (2-3-0)

Key plays between Andrew Luck (Rookie QB) and Reggie Wayne (Experienced Receiver) resulted in an exciting win in the last seconds of Colt possession.

It is early enough in the season for both teams to get a record to enter the play-offs. That fact showed in game intensity today.

Coach Chuck Pagano of the Colts was announced last week as having cancer and going into treatment for at least six weeks. Our prayers are with him and his family.

I didn't see the game this weekend. In some regards I'm happy I didn't. Losing after being up 21-3 would have been a super depressing thing to watch.

Not quite sure what our deal is this year. We just seem off point. It's not like we're consistently bad, it's more like we have sporadic sprees of badness and goodness and right now the badness is outweighing for the most part. At least it's a fixable problem. :/

I think the one thing that GB has been consistently missing is a solid O line. I've been saying it for years, but I'd love to see what Rogers could do with less pressure. And people always talk about the lack of good GB running backs, but there aren't many running backs that do well without a good O line making holes for them.

#16 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Yes! I agree totally: Offensive line would make the difference; it always does. Rogers brings so many talents to his position. O line would open a running game threat which would help him, too.

Packers will be at Houston to face the Texans, Sunday at 8:20. They will need good blocking to handle the Texans pressure against Rogers in the pocket.

Clinton

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#17 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Sunday Night Scores at the End of the Day - 14th October, 2012

Pittsburg vs. Tennessee
FINAL... PIT 23 >>> TEN 26

St. Louis vs. Miami:
FINAL... STL 14 >>> MIA 17

Dallas vs. Baltimore
FINAL... DAL 29 >>> BAL 31

Detroit vs. Philadelphia
FINAL-OT... DET 26 <<< PHI 23

Cincinnati vs. Cleveland
FINAL... CIN 24 >>> CLE 34

Indianapolis vs. NY Jets Highlight Game
FINAL... IND 9 >>> NYJ 35

Kansas City vs. Tampa Bay
FINAL... KC 10 >>> TB 35

Oakland vs. Atlanta
FINAL... OAK 20 >>> ATL 23

New England vs. Seattle Highlight Game
FINAL... NE 23 >>> SEA 24

Buffalo vs. Arizona Highlight Game
FINAL...OT BUF 19 <<< ARI 16

NY Giants vs. San Francisco Highlight Game
FINAL... NYG 26 <<< SF 3

Minnesota vs. Washington Highlight Game
FINAL... MIN 26 >>> WAS 38

Green Bay vs. Houston Highlight Game
FINAL... GB 42 <<< HOU 24

Denver vs. San Diego/ 8:30 PM Monday Night Football

Many close games surprised people this weekend. Several games left people wondering if the losers were over-rated last week.

Posted Image

Clinton

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#18 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Packers will be at Houston to face the Texans, Sunday at 8:20. They will need good blocking to handle the Texans pressure against Rogers in the pocket.

They didn't have awesome protection, but it was good enough. What surprised the poop out of me was how much we shut down the run. I don't think I've seen the packers shut down the running game that well in at least 3 years.

#19 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3160

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

The highlights show the same thing, though I didn't see the game. Green Bay entered the game ranked 21 for offense, allowing 21 sacks, so something big changed against the third ranked defense of the Texans. The energy shown by the Packers players was obvious. Did you get the same impression? Posted Image

The GB defense came alive really for the first time this season.

The Texans seem to have defense inconsistancies. Green Bay protection was helped by that. Packers need to remember the lessons in this game and keep mixing the plays.

The urgency of winnning this game in the division race must have helped. Posted Image

Clinton

Edited by 3Ddreamer, 16 October 2012 - 10:38 AM.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#20 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

The highlights show the same thing, though I didn't see the game. Green Bay entered the game ranked 21 for offense, allowing 21 sacks, so something big changed against the third ranked defense of the Texans. The energy shown by the Packers players was obvious. Did you get the same impression? Posted Image

Definitely. A lot of the veterans were really pumped, but what really surprised me was how much energy the rookies had. I expected them to be more timid and easily taken advantage of but they stepped up in big ways.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS