• Create Account

Texture Mapping from a skewed quadrilateral to a rectangle in OpenGL

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 atg2012   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

I have a polygon with the texture mapped in perspective mode, but I am required to look at the polygon along its normal so that it appears to be in 2D plane and then map the texture back on to it.
To start with I have something like this:
checker.jpg

and I want to see something like this after I position my camera to look along the normal of this polygon
checker2.gif

But, the result is split into 2 triangles along the diagonal and the texture has an effect of Affine mapped texture.
My texture image is a 2D image but the rendering in OpenGL is in 3D World Co-ordinates.
Currently for texture mapping I am supplying the vertices of the polygon and corresponding 2D texture co-ordinates.
Could any one advice on what I am required to do in order to get correct texture mapping? Appreciate all your help.
Thanks,

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS