Gmail doesn't stay logged in

Started by
2 comments, last by ShadowValence 11 years, 7 months ago
Perhaps it's something on my end, but my profile doesn't seem to want to stay logged in when I use the gmail authentication. I often log in from my home computer, my work computer or my phone. Is there some requirement that disallows other devices from using the same methods? Perhaps an IP log or something?

I'm not too sure how your [our?] back end logic functions. If someone with clearance happens to know, would you mind enlightening me or perhaps teaching me how to avoid logging back in on each device (not that I mind the small boost in my rep. value).

-Anthony
Advertisement

(not that I mind the small boost in my rep. value)

You don't actually have to re-login to get that - just visiting the site while still logged in is enough.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

(not that I mind the small boost in my rep. value)

Adding to what swiftcoder said, you get that simply for visiting daily even if you're already logged in, but you shouldn't earn more than 1 point per day even if you log in multiple times.

As to your actual question, I'm not aware of any immediate problems, but perhaps we can try to diagnose it with some further information:

• Do any of your devices stay logged in, or do they all have the problem?
  • Does the problem happen all the time (are you logged in on a second visit from the same device?), or does logging into a different device log out the original device.
  • What phone are you using, and are you using it's provided browser or a different option?
  • What browsers are you using on your desktop systems? Do you have any unusual settings or plugins?

- Jason Astle-Adams

• Once the window has been closed that device require re-authentication. As long as the original window stays opened (irregardless of tab closures) I remain logged in [on that device].
  • I've remained logged in on my phone after logging in on with my work PC (tested as I write this). So, simultaneous visits are functional and don't 'boot' the other device.
  • Phone: LG Optimus V (Droid) and I use the provided browser - no hacks or alterations.
  • PC Browsers: Chrome (I rather despise I.E.) and I haven't changed the settings (nor has my system admin @ work) and my browsers 'remember' authentication for other forums - though, this is the only forum I use Google as the authentication method. The only extra extension I have installed is the RealPlayer HTML5 Video Downloader Extension (common to all desktops).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement