• Create Account

Own created graphics window

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 EngineProgrammer   Members   -  Reputation: 295

0Likes

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi everyone!

I am not sure if this is the right topic but I'll find out soon enough.. Posted Image

When you open Zbrush, Photoshop, 3Dsmax, they all have their own loading window. And thereafter they all have their own type of window.
(normally the window itself has a blue border around it) but in 3Dsmax and Zbrush it's a black title bar and stuff..
My question now is: how can I create such a window?

I want to have my own type of loading screen and my own type of window in C++. Well, it would be awesome if I could do that. Posted Image
Do you understand what I mean of am I still unclear?

Kind regards,
EngineProgrammer

Sponsor:

#2 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11741

2Likes

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

It's usually called a "splash screen" or "splash window". You can roll your own by making a borderless window, or you can try using something like this.

#3 EngineProgrammer   Members   -  Reputation: 295

0Likes

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Thank you very much MJP!

The reason I need this is:
A big game needs some time to show some content sometimes(because of loading content), and the time nothing has popped up can be "boring" for the user. And there is a chance he keeps clicking on the executable because he can think it's not working. So I want a sort of loading screen which tells the user the models,interfaces,videos,sounds are loading. Posted Image

~EngineProgrammer

Edited by EngineProgrammer, 14 September 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS