• Create Account

TexSubImage2D weirdness

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vilem Otte   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1373

0Likes

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hi,

I'd like to ask - I'm updating half of the texture with OpenCL program and another half on CPU. But calling:

glTexSubImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 0, 0, width, (height - delta_height), GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, data_v);

Updates half of the texture (done by CPU) and ignores texture updated by OpenCL. Note that I make sure that OpenCL finishes before I do the TexSubImage call.

Any idea/hint (e.g. what I missed)?

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

Sponsor:

#2 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7609

0Likes

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

That sounds odd to me - as if the driver was updating a CPU-side cached copy of the data, then flushing the full cached copy to the GPU.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS