• Create Account

As3;

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Muhklayne   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

I am beginning to learn actionscript 3 coding by using it with Flash Builder 4.6. Before I continue, I want to know if it is possible to import character sprites into the "game","code","as3","flash builder"... whatever you want to call it.

Can I import sprites and sprite sheets and use them in as3 coding? (i.e. sprites for a 2d game..)

If there are certain sprites and spritesheets or programs I have to use to create these sprites or file types that must be used in order to be compatible with Flash Builder 4.6 or as3, please let me know.

I apologize for not understanding much of the syntax or lingo of as3 just yet. If this question is hard to follow I understand.Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 Xeinnex   Members   -  Reputation: 130

0Likes

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

of course you can, the hard part is not how to import them but how to use them for animations, u need to do some loops and some stuff, but i'd use all the potential of flash and avoid a lot of sprite managing, u can make them into flash objects which should make your life easier, and u can limit your sprite usage to momments when u find yourself forced to use them.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS