• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1 on GTX 670

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alaryn   Members   -  Reputation: 120

0Likes

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hi,
I want to run my application on GeForce GTX 670. It's designed for D3D11.1 and works properly under Ref Device so I want to test it on hardware. I tried with two drivers: 306.23 and 306.02 BETA on Win8 RTM x86 and both doesn't support this feature level. According to Wikipedia and release notes, this card model should support it. Do you have any information explaining this situation?

Sponsor:

#2 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11736

1Likes

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

The driver has to enable support for that feature level, even if the hardware is capable of supporting it. Maybe Nvidia just hasn't made a compliant driver yet. Do the release notes for those drivers say anything about 11.1 support?

#3 zerorepent   Members   -  Reputation: 663

0Likes

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Is there a list somewhere of which graphiccards that has drivers that support 11.1? I've heard that MS stated that all dx11 cards can support 11.1 with a software update, but I guess its just wishful thinking that AMD will do that for the 5000-series.

#4 CryZe   Members   -  Reputation: 768

0Likes

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

I'm not quite sure about that. Most features should be compatible with older cards, but I'm not sure if all of them. But AMD and NVidia probably won't support DX11.1 on older cards to force consumers to buy new graphics cards.

#5 Nikko_Bertoa   Members   -  Reputation: 424

0Likes

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

But for example Nvidia 600 and AMD 7000 series will support DX1.1 in the future when they implement the drivers?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS