• Create Account

Actionscript 3 and Flashbuilder;

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Muhklayne   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Can I create a 2d sidescrolling game using actionscript3?

How do I get sprites onto the stage using Flashbuilder? Do I add my character sprites to a folder?

Sponsor:

#2 greenvertex   Members   -  Reputation: 510

1Likes

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Can I create a 2d sidescrolling game using actionscript3?

Of course.

How do I get sprites onto the stage using Flashbuilder? Do I add my character sprites to a folder?

See Embedding Metadata with Flash for a description of how to handle asset management in AS3 without resorting to Flash (they really need a better set of terms IMO...)

#3 Muhklayne   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Thank you! I've been searching for an answer to this question across the internet for days on end now, and you are the first person to provide a layman-answer. :D

#4 Muhklayne   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

However as I am looking through that page it seems as though this is for Flash Pro... can these methods be used in Flash Builder without creating a .fla file?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS