• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Is XNA dying and MS forcing to C++?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
124 replies to this topic

#121 LanceJZ   Members   -  Reputation: 108

0Likes

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

I have heard that XNA is not going anywhere. In a few months there will be a new XNA for VS 2012, that is what I have been told.
if (Try()) Do();
else DoNot();

Sponsor:

#122 kunos   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2207

1Likes

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

I have heard that XNA is not going anywhere. In a few months there will be a new XNA for VS 2012, that is what I have been told.

if you don't tell us who told you that.. your post is quite useless tbh.
Stefano Casillo
Lead Programmer
TWITTER: @KunosStefano
AssettoCorsa - netKar PRO - Kunos Simulazioni

#123 6677   Members   -  Reputation: 1058

0Likes

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Microsoft have made no mention of anything on the subject so everything is just heresay. Even the death of XNA is although we can assume that the lack of comments regarding XNA from any microsoft devs shows XNA is being phased out although in this thread we have listed quite a few alternatives.

ANX and monogame being the ones with the closest feel to XNA yet still being actively developed (and arguably better)

#124 Ultrahead   Members   -  Reputation: 210

0Likes

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Well, if something new is coming out soon, I hope it is based on SharpDX.

Btw, I heard MSFT is looking for devs in order to create a common compiler for C++ and C#. If this is true, then when the compiler gets done, there would be no real perf diference between the two languages.

#125 viper110110   Members   -  Reputation: 688

1Likes

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

I was recently at a game competition and a Microsoft rep came to visit. Not sure how much she knew about internal developments, but when I spoke of XNA dying she recommended monogame and/or SharpDX.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS