• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Is it possible to overload the ID3D11Device?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 five1mon   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hey
Is it possible to overload the ID3D11Device in DirectX 11? I want the device to behave exactly like normal except for when resources are created in debug mode. Then I want to attach a memory tracking interface through the SetPrivateData functionality. When it comes to the code I manage by myself a wrapper object around the device would probably be all fine. However I would also like to be able to track allocations when the device gets passed to third party libraries. I created a very simple test environment with my custom device inheriting from ID3D11Device. But D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain takes a double pointer to a ID3D11Device so I’m not sure it will be possible this way? Does anybody know how I can make this or is it just simply impossible?

Thanks

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS