• Create Account

D programming language and job

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 egslava   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hi!
I've been liking the d programming language since moment I tried it. Of course, I tried to find a job in this field, but I can't :(
I wanna know - are there anyone, who uses D lang?
How do you look for an information? I always add "dlang" to my request to google.
Do you use a dlang on your job? Is it hard to find job with dlang?
If you have a job with dlang, please say name of country, where you live.

p.s. Sorry for my English :(

Sponsor:

#2 azonicrider   Members   -  Reputation: 421

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

You won't find many, everyone wants C++, C#, Java etc. programmers.

You could try to create, and sell indie software or games that use D, however that would be a long term process.

Easiest way to make games, I love LÖVE && My dev blog/project

*Too lazy to renew domain, ignore above links

#3 Sean T. McBeth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1377

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

There are a lot of smaller companies that will want you to know a specific language because they already have software and developers working in it, but don't care *too* much what you use for subsequent projects. There is a place here in Philadelphia that has projects going in scala, python, and ocaml right now, along side their larger java and .net projects.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS