• Create Account

Fullscreen SDL+OpenGL and Alt Tab

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 BladeOfWraith   Members   -  Reputation: 245

0Likes

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

I've decided to dust off my old 2d DX7 games and port them to SDL/SFML so they work on modern systems.
I used SDL once upon a time in some simple demos and I know it had major issues with the renderer getting stuck on Alt-Tab. Doing some Googling on the issue, I see it was still a problem as of 1.2, but *may* have been fixed on 2.0. Has it?

I'm more familiar with SDL and I don't really need any of the feature differences on either SDL or SFML. For me there will be little benefit in choosing one over the other. This one is just a deal killer for me, and I'll use SFML if it *still* hasn't been fixed on SDL.

"You can't say no to waffles" - Toxic Hippo

Sponsor:

#2 Yours3!f   Members   -  Reputation: 1299

0Likes

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

I've decided to dust off my old 2d DX7 games and port them to SDL/SFML so they work on modern systems.
I used SDL once upon a time in some simple demos and I know it had major issues with the renderer getting stuck on Alt-Tab. Doing some Googling on the issue, I see it was still a problem as of 1.2, but *may* have been fixed on 2.0. Has it?

I'm more familiar with SDL and I don't really need any of the feature differences on either SDL or SFML. For me there will be little benefit in choosing one over the other. This one is just a deal killer for me, and I'll use SFML if it *still* hasn't been fixed on SDL.

just stick with sfml 2.0rc as it is the best choice available :)
I didn't even know about this bug on SDL...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS