• Create Account

Preferred development OS (Desktop/Laptop).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Most targeted desktop/laptop operating system. (88 member(s) have cast votes)

What desktop/laptop operating systems are most fullfilling for to to develop on?

1. Microsoft Windows (65 votes [64.36%])

Percentage of vote: 64.36%

2. Apple OSX (13 votes [12.87%])

Percentage of vote: 12.87%

3. Any Linux (19 votes [18.81%])

Percentage of vote: 18.81%

4. I wrote my own OS (4 votes [3.96%])

Percentage of vote: 3.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3704

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

I made two OS for my personal use. For desktop I made one pretty much indistinguishable from Windows 7, and for my netbook, I made another indistinguishable from Debian.

I also had to remake Eclipse and a JRE for each OS too, it was such a chore but such is the price for having a custom development environment.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Sponsor:

#62 Green_Gill   Members   -  Reputation: 139

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Was planning on using Windows... but... I only have CD's for XP, and I only have a license for Media Center Edition.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS