• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

"Simple Socks" C++ wrapper for Winsock 2.2

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3031

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

I didn't see a forum specifically for posting releases, so I figured I'd post this here.

This is a simple open-source C++ wrapper for Winsock 2.2 intended to be used by programmers who are new to network programming.

The aim is a thread-safe, exception-safe library that's easy to use without sacrificing power/adaptability. The library is meant to be capable while at the same time being a good example of how to work with BSD/Winsock sockets.

This is the first release, 1.0beta.

Anyone who's interested (or bored) please take a look! I'd really appreciate feedback.

The zip includes a VS project that can build the lib and a few example apps. Doxygen documentation is included.

If you find a bug, have a question or have a suggestion please post it in this thread. I'm online only every other week or so, but I'll make sure to check this thread and answer anyone who posts whenever I can.

I hope someone finds this useful and look forward to any feedback! Posted Image

Google Docs hosted:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz44EHK856DGVWtMMjBKTHNHaDA

Or as an attachment to the post:

Attached Files

Edited by Khatharr, 13 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sponsor:

#2 patrrr   Members   -  Reputation: 1028

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

Hm, it'd be really nice if you had your project on Github or BitBucket or something like that. Online source code browsing ftw!

#3 Khatharr   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3031

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hm, it'd be really nice if you had your project on Github or BitBucket or something like that. Online source code browsing ftw!

I'd like to but I'm not at liberty to install git or mercurial (etc) on the machine I use to get online. Do you know of a site where I can simply upload the source files?
void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

#4 patrrr   Members   -  Reputation: 1028

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

I'd like to but I'm not at liberty to install git or mercurial (etc) on the machine I use to get online. Do you know of a site where I can simply upload the source files?

I've heard you can mail updates to git repositories but I don't know if GitHub supports that. I know that if you have the files already on GH, you can at least modify them.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS