• Create Account

Particle System with SFML 2.0

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cryptiik   Members   -  Reputation: 440

0Likes

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

I've been trying to find a tutorial on how to create a simple particle system with SFML 2.0 for a while now but with no luck. Could some one please point me to the right website/tutorial/etc where I can learn from? Or better yet, just teach me through a reply on how I would go about doing this? I tried to make a sample program by trying to incorporate bits and pieces of tutorials from around the web but that only resulted in me making my computer freeze and crash :( Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7416

-1Likes

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Look out for sprite tutorials, because particles are basically just a pile of sprites.

#3 Octav   Members   -  Reputation: 159

0Likes

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

You could have a small starting point for the particles, and have those coordinates in memory, after that you could generate a new sprite every 0.5 seconds or 1 second which rotates right or left randomly and maybe re-sizes itself on a random basis. Particles have random behavior so you will need to experiment with them, but if I'd want to do particles I'd create a class for them, write a couple of methods, apply some physical properties for them and implement them to a map editor. Another option is to use "Fake" particles which are sprites animated by hand for example a fire, a rocket blast, etc.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS