• Create Account

Solved reconstruct depth in orthographic view

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeremie009   Members   -  Reputation: 255

0Likes

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

I've been trying to get my world space position of my pixel but I'm missing something.
I'm using a orthographic view for a 2.5d game. My depth is linear and this is my code.

// Pixel shader
	 float3 lightPos  = lightPosition;// light World position use to draw the sphere volume
	 float2 texCoord = PostProjToScreen(PSIn.lightPosition)+halfPixel;// use to project the normal and depth texture.

float depth = tex2D(depthMap, texCoord);

float4 position;

position.x = texCoord.x *2-1;
	 position.y = (1-texCoord.y)*2-1;
	 position.z = depth.r;
	 position.w = 1;
	 position = mul(position, inViewProjection);
	 //position.xyz/=position.w; // I comment it but even without it it doesn't work

float4 normal = (tex2D(normalMap, texCoord)-.5f) * 2;
	 normal = normalize(normal);

float3 lightDirection = normalize(lightPos-position);
	 float att = saturate(1.0f - length(lightDirection) /attenuation);
	 float lightning = saturate (dot(normal, lightDirection));

return float4(lightColor* lightning*att, 1);

I'm using a sphere but it's not working the way I want. I reproject the textures properly onto the sphere but the light coordinates in the pixel shader seems to be stuck at zero even if when I move the camera light volume update accordingly. I'm using an orthographic view ( non off centered) and xna.

Edited by jeremie009, 27 September 2012 - 08:35 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 jeremie009   Members   -  Reputation: 255

1Likes

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

I fixed my problem. My light transformation was quite off and the formula to reproject was cool. So no problem then.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS