• Create Account

Pascal and compilation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xanather   Members   -  Reputation: 703

0Likes

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

I am sorry if I was not supposed to post this here, but I have no idea where else to post this and this looked the most relevant.

My mate did a school programming task in pascal, while I did it in C#.

He wanted me to test his application and so I did, and to my surprise it ran fine without having to install any runtimes/redistributables!

Does the free pascal compiler compile to native/machine code just like C++, and not require any dependencies?

Just curious thanks : D

Xanather.

Sponsor:

#2 wqking   Members   -  Reputation: 756

0Likes

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

Not sure which compiler you are talking about and it depends on compiler.
But usually a Pascal program is compiled to native standalone executable.
So you are correct.

http://www.cpgf.org/
cpgf library -- free C++ open source library for reflection, serialization, script binding, callbacks, and meta data for OpenGL Box2D, SFML and Irrlicht.
v1.5.5 was released. Now supports tween and timeline for ease animation.

#3 dilyan_rusev   Members   -  Reputation: 910

0Likes

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

Some compilers embed the runtime into the executable (e.g. go and freepascal IIRC), so you can just run it. Pascal is a systems language, and it does compile to native code.

#4 Xanather   Members   -  Reputation: 703

0Likes

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

Thats cool, thanks : D

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS