Assume I've written a game(platforms: PS3, PC, XBOX)...
The big question then is: "How do I sell my game?"
How do I put my game on the market? I don't know anything about making a game commercial so please help me out here.
I'm aiming for a public 15-40 years old. So more a game with decent action in it.
- Is it necessary to have a cinematic?
- Is it important to put the trailer on television?
- Do I need to give a convention about my game.
- How much does it cost to put a trailer on television that takes around 30 seconds?
- How do I create a trailer on the gameplay? Do I need to introduce myself the first seconds in the video or first start with the game itself and then introduce myself and explain how the game works?
- Do I have more chance to make it sell with a free demo version?
- How do I prevent the possibility of pirating my game?
- How do I reach the market? Like how do I get my game in a store? Where do I burn all those cd's with my game?
- How can I make it clear in the first game that there is a possibility of a second game based on the first one? Or an expansion.
It would be really helpful is all these questions be answered. Thanks!
Sorry in case a question is unclear.
Edited by EngineProgrammer, 28 September 2012 - 11:26 AM.