• Create Account

Ignore threads based on OP

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6966

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

We've got a nifty ability to hide all posts by a certain user which I've just employed for the first time. I don't see the option to hide posts based on user reputation anymore (like we could with GameDev V4), which I'm hoping is still around because I'd be interested in that feature.

Anyway, is it possible to extend the hiding of posts to the hiding of a whole thread, if that thread was created by the user we're ignoring (or, if doing reputation based, if the OP's rep is lower than our set threshold)? If not, I'd really like that...
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Sponsor:

#2 LennyLen   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3312

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

I don't really see a need for such a feature, to be honest. Hiding posts can be useful, as there can be certain people who generally post useless content and so it can be nice to have them filtered out of a discussion. But with an entire thread, you can just ignore it yourself by simply not clicking on it.

#3 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6966

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I don't really see a need for such a feature, to be honest. Hiding posts can be useful, as there can be certain people who generally post useless content and so it can be nice to have them filtered out of a discussion. But with an entire thread, you can just ignore it yourself by simply not clicking on it.

You're totally right, except apparently I suck at this whole "will power" thing, and despite the fact that I tell myself "don't even bother reading that thread," I always end up reading it anyway, and then have to fight the urge to reply Posted Image
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#4 LennyLen   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3312

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

You're totally right, except apparently I suck at this whole "will power" thing, and despite the fact that I tell myself "don't even bother reading that thread," I always end up reading it anyway, and then have to fight the urge to reply Posted Image

Actually, I'm usually the same myself. ;)

#5 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

I couldn't help but reply to this thread and cast my support, even if it is unnecessary, really. :)

#6 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 4642

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

I don't see the option to hide posts based on user reputation anymore (like we could with GameDev V4), which I'm hoping is still around because I'd be interested in that feature.

Look directly under the "Reply to this post" button on the right at the top of the thread and you'll see a drop-down link labeled "Showing all posts" - click it to see a range of values for which you can hide posts based on user rep. It's not very granular and I'm pretty sure these are the default values. If you have any recommendation for a better range of values let me know - I personally can't use the feature (due to my position) so I don't know what would be most useful.

But with an entire thread, you can just ignore it yourself by simply not clicking on it.

Pretty much especially since it's functionality I'm pretty sure we would have to add ourselves

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS