• Create Account

Aspect Ratio problem

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 759

0Likes

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

I managed to make DirectX 11 and Xna Math work in an appropiate way in 2D enviroment.Now there's another problem!

The aspect ratio! Take a look!

Posted Image
Posted Image
As you can see the difference is really noticeable between windowed mode and a an almost fullscreen mode.The image gets really distorted.

What can I do? I use an ortho matrix for PROJECTION that takes only the width,height,nearplan,farplan arguments!

Alexander Turda - The place where I talk about games, coding, movies, and whatever passes through my mind.

Sponsor:

#2 Tom KQT   Members   -  Reputation: 1497

0Likes

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

It seems to be following the aspect ration of your window. That's all we can tell without any code.

#3 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 759

0Likes

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

Damn! I inversed the width with the height at the ortho matrix creation for projection.So instead of width it was using height and instead of height it was using width.

Can someone delete this topic?

Edited by noatom, 30 September 2012 - 02:58 AM.

Alexander Turda - The place where I talk about games, coding, movies, and whatever passes through my mind.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS