• Create Account

Tab order with MFC tab control

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alkan   Members   -  Reputation: 182

0Likes

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

I have implemented some configuration dialog on an application at work which makes use of tabs. The application is a C++ application using MFC for the user interface. I used a tab control in the parent dialog and child dialogs that i show or hide depending on the selected tab.This works fine except that, when trying to navigate in one of the pages using the tab key, you can't cycle out or in the child. Is there a way to solve this ?

Sponsor:

#2 Laval B   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4356

3Likes

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

You need to give your children dialogs the WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT style. This is easily done using the property page of the dialog in the resource editor. There is a property called Controle parent, make sure it is true for all your pages. Also, make sure the dialogs are children of the parent dialog and not the tab control.

Edited by Laval B, 01 October 2012 - 03:25 AM.

We think in generalities, but we live in details.

Alfred North Whitehead

#3 Alkan   Members   -  Reputation: 182

1Likes

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

There is a property called Controle parent, make sure it is true for all your pages.

Thanks, it worked !

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS