Advice for Graduation Project game
Members - Reputation: 105
Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:52 PM
The criteria I think most appropriate are:-
* Two rivals / teams
* Has small environment
* Has no levels / missions.
Any suggestions about the game? what genre do you recommend? What language best fits such game? etc,,,
Any advice is highly appreciated.
Members - Reputation: 295
Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:48 PM
- Creates barracks that automatic spawn creatures to the other base ( the stronger the creature, the more time it takes to spawn ).
- The creatures follow the shortest path.
- Put some environment in your map so you, as player, need to build your barracks on a good spot so your creatures will reach the other side faster.
- Get some economics in it so you need to balance out your base with barracks <-> income. Smart building means more chance to win!
The fact you are asking what language best fits means you know basics of different languages or just don't know a single programming language.
What language you should take depends on yourself. I like programming in C++ because it has no limits.
Java is written in C++, don't uses a stack, so only heap for every object.
I don't know anything about other languages.
Members - Reputation: 1327
Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:20 PM
Crossbones+ - Reputation: 2455
Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:45 PM
Also there have been Quake bot competitions, which could suit your needs on a small level.