• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

PixelShaderWrapper has no SetUnorderedAccessView methods

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnCorbett   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I've just discovered that the SlimDX pixel shader wrapper class does not include the SetUnorderedAccessView() / SetUnorderedAccessViews() methods that it should (Direct3D11 supports unordered access view use in compute shaders and pixel shaders only).

Was this a simple oversight?

Sponsor:

#2 Nik02   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2926

2Likes

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

In the native side, you set the render targets and UAVs to pixel shaders in the same call to ID3D11DeviceContext::OMSetRenderTargetsAndUnorderedAccessViews.

This mirrors the fact that, to the pixel shader, all writable resources are on the same list of outputs. I believe that typical hardware implementations follow the same principle.

Edited by Nik02, 01 October 2012 - 09:40 PM.

Niko Suni

#3 CryZe   Members   -  Reputation: 768

2Likes

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

This seems to be due to the fact, that there is no native ID3D11DeviceContext::PSSetUnorderedAccessViews method either. A bit mysterious if you ask me. Simply use the OutputMergerWrapper methods instead:
http://slimdx.org/do...pper_SetTargets

Edited by CryZe, 02 October 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#4 JohnCorbett   Members   -  Reputation: 107

0Likes

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Cool. Got it. Thanks.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS