• Create Account

Setting up Nvidia PhysX SDK 3.2

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 RJSkywalker   Members   -  Reputation: 149

0Likes

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Hi people,

I have a runtime DEBUG Assertion error when I m trying to setup a basic application using the latest Nvidia PhysX 3.2 sdk. I was just using the documentation and the tutorial mentioned at this blog : http://mmmovania.blo...th-physx-3.html as the only guide. He does mention a small change required for the 3.2 sdk.

This is where I m getting the assertion:
gPhysxFoundation = PxCreateFoundation(PX_PHYSICS_VERSION, gDefaultAllocatorCallback, gDefaultErrorCallback);

The declarations are:
PxFoundation* gPhysxFoundation = NULL;
static PxDefaultErrorCallback gDefaultErrorCallback;
static PxDefaultAllocator gDefaultAllocatorCallback;

And the Assertion is : Expression: (reinterpret_cast<size_t>(ptr) & 15) == 0 in the file: \include\extensions\pxdefaultallocator.h
Now according to the documentation, PhysX does implement a default version of the Default Allocator class and for the windows platform it does call _aligned_malloc(size, 16). Because this is what is happening. Its not able to align it to 16 bits.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I m only starting to learn PhysX and I cannot move forward without solving this issue.

Sponsor:

#2 RJSkywalker   Members   -  Reputation: 149

0Likes

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

I found the error: I was not including WIN32 in the preprocessor section of the properties

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS