• Create Account

FeedBack for my RTS

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joey_Bresseleers   Members   -  Reputation: 112

2Likes

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm currently making an RTS using the directX engine in C++. the problem is that i'm not that good with 3D and Animation, so every 3D model doesn't look very good. can anybody give me some fast 3D tips?

Also, I'm having problems with my pathfinding. Right now i'm using a raycast to see if the path to the goal is clear, but this slow down my game dramatically does anybody know a faster way to do pathfinding?

here's the link of a video of my game.

thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 BeerNutts   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3000

0Likes

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Take a look at using A* for pathfinding, as explained very well here.
My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

#3 yewbie   Members   -  Reputation: 665

0Likes

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Nice job man, that looks pretty cool!

#4 oldgregg   Members   -  Reputation: 231

0Likes

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Looking good :)

#5 Bentm's Games   Members   -  Reputation: 88

0Likes

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

The art style looks very 'genuine', and I would definitley buy or play your game. But you should add somje really intuive feature or two to make it stand out, hive gamers a reason to play.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS