• Create Account

DirectPlay Windows

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Goodlife   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 11 January 2000 - 06:18 AM

Hi all-- Does anyone know how to stop directplay from popping up an interface window when you tell it to start? I would like to have the player enter a phone number, IP number, COM number, etc, somewhere else in the program, and then just pass that to directplay to use. The SDK documentation on this is a joke! It says you can do it, but neglects to say how. Anyone done it?

Sponsor:

#2 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 12 January 2000 - 11:09 AM

I've never actually coded anything like that, but I believe what you have to do is assemble the directplay address yourself and then pass it directly into the system. (When the dialogs pop up, that's DirectPlay assembling the address for you).

If you do a search on directplay addresses, and then a little help file hunting, hopefully you'll find a document that tells you what you need to do.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com

Edited by - mason on 1/12/00 5:10:39 PM

#3 Void   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 13 January 2000 - 12:59 PM

You have to use the directplay lobby to build the address. There is an article here on how to do that (mine).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS