• Create Account

Where to look for low level game tutorials

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 game of thought   Members   -  Reputation: 213

0Likes

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I want to write games for old systems and embeded systems (arm board etc.). The main OS want to write for is MS-DOS(more specifically dosbox). As for embeded systems (in terms of hardware) i am looking for the cheapest i can find.
Does anybody know where i can find tutorials for the above? Also, is there a download site for the ol ides (borland turbo c etc.)

Thank you for your time

Sponsor:

#2 Aldacron   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 3272

0Likes

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

For DOS programming, there are still a number of tutorials around that cover the old mode13h and the techniques used back then. A Google search for DOS Game Programming shows several hits that look like a good place to start.

As far as compilers go, I've seen Turbo C 2.01 available for download in a few places, but I don't know what the legal status is. Your best bet might be the DigitalMars C/C++ compiler, the latest version of which still supports DOS16 and DOS32. DJGPP also supports DOS32, but I haven't touched it in over a decade so I have no idea if it's even maintained anymore.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS