• Create Account

SFML SimpleGui Volume 1.01 Update 1

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1973

0Likes

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been able to work much on this, however I hope you like it!
ChangeLog:
+Added in support for dynamic Buttons (When your mouse hovers over it a different sprite is displayed / you can add effects)
+Added in a (Very Crappy, working on improving it ATM) simple state machine, however I have placed comments detailing where you can implement you're own for more complex projects
-Subtracted some pointless stuff (Don't know what I was thinking ;)

Enjoy, test it out, give me some feedback. All feedback is welcome, if you think it's "THE WORST THING IN THE #%#^$ WORLD" I'll just try to improve it :)!

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's Breakout:
Breakout!

Want to ask about Python and / or Pygame? What about HTML5 / CSS3 / JavaScript? What about C++ and / or SFML 2 (and 1.6)? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

Superman3275@Gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

Sponsor:

#2 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1973

0Likes

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

There's a bug with the images predetermined length and width, I'll get back to you when that's fixed!
(I'm working on it right now!)

Here's Breakout:
Breakout!

Want to ask about Python and / or Pygame? What about HTML5 / CSS3 / JavaScript? What about C++ and / or SFML 2 (and 1.6)? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

Superman3275@Gmail.com

#3 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1973

0Likes

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Okay, so I have an idea. What if I have the Render_Button class have 2 sprites, one for each image, and then also let it have a pointer that points to whatever sprite I'm using! Problem solved! (I hope!)
EDIT:
Just integrated the BugFix above and it worked! So far I've encountered no problems. On to fixing the Render_Menu class, because I SEVERELY jacked it up when I programmed in Render_Buttons :)! Also, if anyone can point me to a good tutorial on pointers and references I'd be very happy.

Edited by superman3275, 08 October 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Here's Breakout:
Breakout!

Superman3275@Gmail.com

#4 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 14952

0Likes

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

It might help if you link to or in some way include the code you're talking about... Posted Image

#5 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1973

0Likes

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

FacePalm! Here:
MY CODE!
I'm working on getting a mediafire account, or something so that you don't have to go through dropbox. Anyway, just download the GUI_FRAMEWORK folder!
EDIT:
There's now an GUI_FRAMEWORK.cpp file for example purposes, so if you don't have time to use it just look at that.

Edited by superman3275, 08 October 2012 - 08:16 PM.

Here's Breakout:
Breakout!

Superman3275@Gmail.com

#6 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1973

0Likes

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Dang it, I can't get the main menu class to work. I'm excluding it from the project and using the buttons right now, I'll try to re-code it later.

Here's Breakout:
Breakout!

Superman3275@Gmail.com

#7 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1973

0Likes

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I kept getting Linker errors that I couldn't fix, so it's gone! I'm so mad, it took forever to code it!

Here's Breakout:
Breakout!

Superman3275@Gmail.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS