• Create Account

Random Pain Blues?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

#1 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

This is pretty random, but do any of you guys get what I call the "random pain blues," when you get a random harmless pain somewhere in your body and you immediately panic assuming the worst? (i.e. "Oh no! I have a pain in my liver, I must have toxins pouring into my bloodstream!") They are so annoying, as you end up worrying over nothing.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

Sponsor:

#2 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4115

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

gd.net doctor here:
Those are classic symptoms of hypochondria. You should probably see a doctor as soon as possible -- if untreated, you might end up contracting a rare and incurable cancer.
c3RhdGljIGNoYXIgeW91cl9tb21bMVVMTCA8PCA2NF07CnNwcmludGYoeW91cl9tb20sICJpcyBmYXQiKTs=

#3 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image

I have not seen this comic in so long it almost made me cry. :') But then again, I was really looking for the "I spun AIDS" one...

Edited by Heath, 08 October 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#4 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

lololololol Heath

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

#5 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

But then again, I was really looking for the "I spun AIDS" one...

Feast yer eyes!
Posted Image

For future reference, user benryves had the sense to collect some of these and archive them.
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#6 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Awesome!

#7 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

This is pretty random, but do any of you guys get what I call the "random pain blues," when you get a random harmless pain somewhere in your body and you immediately panic assuming the worst?

In all seriousness though, I do not know what you mean. My arm really hurt today, but that's because I got bit in the deltoid by Bull Mastiff. Thing had a head like a cement mixer, so that hurt. Point is, pain usually has a reason for it.

#8 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8210

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Oh, man, I miss boolean's comics.

#9 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17682

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for sharing those comics again -- it's been a long time since I've seen them, great to reminisce.

On a slightly more serious note, was your example of liver pain just a random made-up example, or have you actually had liver pain? Random aches and pains are pretty normal, but I don't think it's normal for a healthy person to experience liver pain -- if that's a specific example of an actual pain it might be worth getting it checked out though. Don't just worry over things though -- if you're concerned get your aches and pains checked out, otherwise just forget about it and move on. Posted Image

#10 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Maybe just lay off certain beverages and drink water?

#11 Arthur Souza   Members   -  Reputation: 1417

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, holy crap, those comics are awesome!

A.

Lotus - Action RPG In development http://www.gamedev.n...die-rpg-engine/ |
Personal blog In Portuguese: lotuzgames.wordpress.com |

#12 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Maybe just lay off certain beverages and drink water?

+1, if not already doing this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, holy crap, those comics are awesome!

The archived ones are even better, especially when you were around long ago enough to actually get the context. One of my favorites is about wavinator's wall of texts. Ah, heck, they were all my favorite.
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#13 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17682

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

One of my favorites is about wavinator's wall of texts.

I miss his ridiculously lengthy and detailed posts!

#14 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

lol those comics were great. I am more likely to die from unintended function recursion. Posted Image
For all of you who don't care, it was a liver ache, but after drinking lots of water I was all better.

#15 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8210

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

I started getting some weird abdominal pains a couple months ago. Suffered through them for a few days, until my brain finally convinced me I was dying of either a strangulated hernia or testicular cancer and I went to the doctor. He probed me quite thoroughly, including stuffing his finger up in places where I hope to God no man ever stuffs his finger ever again, but couldn't find anything wrong. Blood test showed signs of infection, and pee test showed it was probably a bladder or urinary tract infection. Course of antibiotics cleared up the infection, but I don't think anything can ever clear up the fact that some dude had his gloved finger poking my scrotum up through my guts.

That kind of thing haunts you, man.

#16 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

@JTippetts: UTI is no joke, but to think, he could've just done a urine test at the start. :P

#17 JTippetts   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8210

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

@Heath: I know, right? Too bad I told him one of my testicles hurt. (It did.) From now on, when the doctor asks me "where does it hurt", I will never answer, "my right nut." Even if my right nut is a blaze of pain.

#18 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

lol

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS