• Create Account

UDK + Character models

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 !Null   Members   -  Reputation: 380

0Likes

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

So guys. I've been learning to use the UDK and been messing around with kismet and matinee and all that other stuff.
I feel confident in it, but still only at a beginners level.

My question is. I kinda want to get custom characters and learn how to load them in and all that stuff.
I have 3D's Max installed, but I haven't used it before. Is it worth deviating and learning how to make custom characters and loading them in. Or should I concentrate on learning UDK more and more until it becomes like programming 2D games (which for me, I can do to a Intermediate -> Advanced level)?

I look forward to all your opinions and suggestions.
/********************************************************************************\
/**********************He Who Dares, Wins**********************************\
/********************************************************************************\

Sponsor:

#2 riverreal   Members   -  Reputation: 616

0Likes

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

What do you like to be? A programmer, a designer, or a 3d modeler?
Independently of your answer, I think knowing a lot of things is good. For example, if you want to be a programmer, you should know about programming, but if you know about modeling too, you have some advantages from others who don't know.
But of course, if you want a job in the industry you won't be a programmer/modeler at the same time.

In my opinon, if you want to be a UDK programmer you should concentrate on learning UDK and unrealscript, because you will take a lot of time learning 3d modeling,

#3 !Null   Members   -  Reputation: 380

0Likes

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

My profession is Software engineering and I have a part time job writing ASP.NET software. I'm quite advanced with Java, c#. and I am intermediate with c++
/**********************He Who Dares, Wins**********************************\

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS