• Create Account

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 King of the Boneheads   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

So I was suggested in a different thread that to get the Win32 API (GUI?) for my C++ programs, a good way is to download SDL.
I downloaded SDL-1.2.15, but now I want to know how to use it in CodeBlocks, to make a basic C++ program use the Win32 API.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards, King of the Boneheads.
A Noobie C++ Developer.

I use Code::Blocks with GNU GCC Compiler, and Allegro 5 Libraries.

I'm a W.I.P., please be patient with me!

Sponsor:

#2 kidman171   Members   -  Reputation: 498

0Likes

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

A simple google search could get you started. Anyway, check out lazyfoo.net. He's got some nice sdl tutorials.

#3 ByteTroll   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1303

0Likes

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Google is your best friend. Regardless, this should get you headed down the right path: http://www.sdltutorials.com/
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I see the future in 1's and 0's
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"This is called programming. The art of typing shit into an editor/IDE is not programming, it's basically data entry. The part that makes a programmer a programmer is their problem solving skills." - Serapth

#4 Pointer2APointer   Members   -  Reputation: 283

0Likes

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

I put the link to Lazy Foo's site on the other thread we were on.

That site has a whole once-over on configuring SDL to work with Code::Blocks for Windows(that's your current platform, right?).

I'll put the exact link here to the tutorial: --> http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson01/windows/codeblocks/index.php

I know you'll probably (I was the first time) be a bit confused with the settings and such, but just read thoroughly if it's somewhat difficult, and if you have any problems you can report back here!
Yes, this is red text.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS