• Create Account

how to read in the vertex shader, 3 vertex of the vertex buffer that are not adjacent

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 lomateron   Members   -  Reputation: 303

0Likes

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

I would like the vertex buffer to be like a texture buffer were I can read whatever pixel i want from that texture.
Every frame my vertex buffer changes, It will be a lot of work to pass the vertex buffer data to a texture just to read.
I am not using a texture buffer instead of the vertex buffer because a pixel in the texture buffer can only save 4 variables and i need to save 10.
and again I am not dividing those variables in various pixels(3 pixels RGBA) of the texture because when I change the variables i will need to compute the same changed variables 3 times in the pixel shader.....
OHH i just come out with a solution, i can use a texture buffer 2D, saving the 10 variables in a column of pixels and compute the 10 variables at once in the geometry shader using a line list were each line is a column of the 2D texture.

Edited by lomateron, 11 October 2012 - 01:15 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS