• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

xnacollision.h,xnamath,h and DirectXMath.h mismatch

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 mrheisenberg   Members   -  Reputation: 356

0Likes

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

When I use the xnamath,h collision functions,I get an error at all the places where XMVectorPermute() is used,like for instance:

d = XMVector3Dot(t, XMVectorPermute(RX2, -RX2, Permute1Y0X0W0Z));
	d_A = XMVector3Dot(h_A, XMVectorPermute(ARX2, ARX2, PermuteYXWZ));
	d_B = XMVector3Dot(h_B, XMVectorPermute(AR2X, AR2X, PermuteYXWZ));

The error is:

Error:No instance of overloaded function "XMVectorPermute" matches the argument list
argument types are: (DirectX::XMVECTOR, DirectX::XMVECTOR, const DirectX::XMVECTORI32)

Now this all used to work fine back on DirectX 10 apps,so I thought that maybe microsoft changed the function in DirectXMath.h,so it won't match the way it's used in xnacollision.h(also made by microsoft if I'm not mistaken).So I removed DirectXMath.h and included xnamath.h again,but it now all the math functions give me that same error and the weirdest part is,that even after saving,cleaning and restarting,when I click ''go to definition'' on any of those functions,they go to one of the DirectXMath#####.inl files,even when DirectXMath,h is not included anywhere in the solution.

Has anyone had such an issue when migrating to DirectXMath.h?I also found it hard to use XMFLOAT structures with x3daudio,I guess Microsoft doesn't support it anymore or something.

EDIT:It seems they made it some kind of template in one header and a normal function in another one.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS