• Create Account

Problems usig SDL in Visual c++ 2010

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 ISDCaptain01   Members   -  Reputation: 1395

0Likes

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

So im trying to get sdl to work with vc++2010 but im running into problem. Im following lazy foos tutorials and i try to get a sample project going i get these errors. It works fine when im using codeblocks, but vc++ just gives errors. Ive attacked a text file that list all the errors. you can download it and tell me what im doing wrong

Attached Files

Sponsor:

#2 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2011

0Likes

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

You posted this two times! I'm not mad, my connection makes this happen to me every once in a while, luckily gamedev.net has a precaution that only lets you post a certain amount over a time frame, but it doesn't always work.
BUGFIX:
These are not errors. They happen when linking all libraries(including SFML and Allegro) with Visual C++ 2010. They are not errors, and they will always happen. Just ignore them and program, you're application will still work fine. I believe it has something to do with dynamically linking libraries, however I do not know. I get this error log on Visual C++ whenever I use a library too.

Edited by superman3275, 13 October 2012 - 04:42 PM.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

#3 ISDCaptain01   Members   -  Reputation: 1395

0Likes

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yeah im sorry for the double post, i just see the page loading then i press enter again to get it to post

#4 superman3275   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2011

0Likes

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, happens to me all the time! It's either the site or my crappy connection, and I'm guessing the latter :)!
Anyway, I get the same error log, it's normal and happens in Visual C++ with every library. Just ignore the messages. They won't hinder your debugging either, because you get them at runtime, after the program compiles. This means all the other errors will happen before they're even displayed to the screen. I hope your game development dreams weren't hindered by this troubling experience.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja ph34r.png!

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here smile.png!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS