• Create Account

Meat Boy vs. Tofu Boy; What's the difference?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slackjaw0xs   Members   -  Reputation: 134

0Likes

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi everyone.
I've been playing Super Meatboy (XBox Live Arcade) for a while now and just learned that there's an "alernative" version called Super Tofu Boy. Besides being free, Tofu boy seems less streamlined, less sharp and overall, less playable than Meatboy. Does anyone know why this is? I'm looking into creating my own platformer on XLA and I want to avoid my game looking like Tofu Boy when it should look and feel more like Meatboy.

Input is greatly appreciated!

Sponsor:

#2 Mike Bossy   Members   -  Reputation: 662

4Likes

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Super Tofu Boy was created by Peta as a parody of Super Meat Boy. I doubt they put the same amount of effort into the game that Team Meat did which is why it would seem sub par.

#3 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3551

1Likes

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Tofu Boy belongs to a very special breed of products that were created to push someone's special interests.

#4 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17641

2Likes

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Polish.

Super Meat Boy was created by skilled and experienced developers with the aim of a fun game.
Tofu Boy was created as a parody to push a specific political agenda.

It might take a few tries to get a good process down and get some mistakes out of the way, but if you're really trying to make a good game -- rather than just pushing some agenda or trying to make a quick buck -- then your game won't turn out like Tofu Boy.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS