• Create Account

create a bridge on mesh

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 alessio_pi_   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Hello,

I would like create a bridge on my triangular mesh.
Given two edge of one hole I would like create a bridge between them.
I have no idea how do it. This is an example get from one sw that have this feature.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107455303756077315255/albums/5799436635023575809

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

#2 HappyCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 2886

0Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Being that there are many solutions to your problem, you will need to add additional constraints before coming up with a solution. So elaborate more on what you actually need.

For example, how will you choose the two edges you want to connect? Will the space between them be clear?

With the bridge connecting them.
What resolution do you need the bridge to be?
Does the transition between the edge to the bridge have to be smooth or can the joint between the pieces be angular? Does the bridge need to be curved?

#3 alessio_pi_   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

Being that there are many solutions to your problem, you will need to add additional constraints before coming up with a solution. So elaborate more on what you actually need.

>For example, how will you choose the two edges you want to connect? Will the space between them be clear?
for the moment the user select two edge of the hole.

>What resolution do you need the bridge to be?
The important it's preserving the original model features, I think I should follow the curvature of the near of the hole.
Look my link there is a picture as the bridge should be.

>Does the transition between the edge to the bridge have to be smooth or can the joint between the pieces be angular? Does the bridge need to be curved?
yes bridge need to be curved.
transition between the edge and bridge should be smooth. But the bend that the bridge have, should be realistic and preserving the shape of the model. For example can't be a simple linear interpolation.... I think I should force the curvature of the bridge in some way but I again understand how...

#4 apatriarca   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1777

0Likes

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Posted Image Is the screenshot taken from MeshLab? It's an open-source software and you can thus probably see how the feature is implemented.

#5 alessio_pi_   Members   -  Reputation: 112

0Likes

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image Is the screenshot taken from MeshLab? It's an open-source software and you can thus probably see how the feature is implemented.

yes the screenshot :) but the bridge is did with another sw and it's not opensource :|

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS