• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

UV Mapping in .fx for 3ds Max

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Desperate-   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Hello,

Recently I was creating a multi-texturing shader file able to output 2 UV channels. The purpose of this is to be able to combine the 2 images and mapping it onto separate channels in 3ds max. I managed to achieve the first part of combining the 2 textures(getting the multi-texturing effect), but I did not manage to separate it into 2 UV channels to use in max.

Example Scenario:

-Applying the multi-texturing.fx on a cube
-Relaxing the cube to change it from a 3D shape to a flat map
-Editing the UV mapping coordinates of 1 part of the map(1 side of the cube) to cause a different "look" for that side of the cube
-Desired Outcome: 1 side of the cube appears different from the others

Problems:
-Currently, if I try to edit 1 side of the cube, it either does not change at all, or all 6 faces of the cube changes with it.
-This is caused by the UV channel 2 (from the second image) is the same as UV channel 1(from the first image)

Code:

struct OUTPUT
{
float4 Pos : POSITION;
float4 TexCoord : TEXCOORD0;
float4 TexCoord2: TEXCOORD1;
};

Currently, I am trying to find a way to achieve multi-texturing while being able to control both UV(the first and second image). Anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Desperate-, 16 October 2012 - 03:39 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Desperate-   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Anyone~?

#3 Desperate-   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

Anyone~?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS