• Create Account

Exporting Blender model to XNA and Texture problem

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 FantasyVII   Members   -  Reputation: 295

0Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hello everyone,

Blender is driving me crazy. I have create a cube in blender and I gave it a texture. When I press F12 to render and show me the texture with the cube I see the cube textured. so it work fine in blender. However when I export it to FBX format to XNA, XNA will only show the cube with the material I choose but it will not show the texture. Why?

please help this is so frustrating.

I'm using Blender 2.64

Sponsor:

#2 Agbahlok   Members   -  Reputation: 262

1Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

As far as I know you have to apply texture manually.

#3 FantasyVII   Members   -  Reputation: 295

0Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

As far as I know you have to apply texture manually.

Is there no there way? Do you think If I use AutoDesk Maya it will work? Because I downloaded many models from the internet and they worked with texture on them.

So I guess its blender fault not mine.

#4 BCullis   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1813

1Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Is your cube model UV-mapped? The vertices need to have texture coordinate values to render from a texture.

Because I downloaded many models from the internet and they worked with texture on them.

They worked in XNA, or just loaded back up in Blender?
Also, the .fbx file contains a reference path to the texture the model uses. Does that path work when you move the .fbx file into the content project location?

I've modeled, textured, exported and loaded files from Blender into XNA without issue: your process is missing a step somewhere.
Hazard Pay :: FPS/RTS in SharpDX
DeviantArt :: Because right-brain needs love too

#5 FantasyVII   Members   -  Reputation: 295

0Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Is your cube model UV-mapped? The vertices need to have texture coordinate values to render from a texture.

Because I downloaded many models from the internet and they worked with texture on them.

They worked in XNA, or just loaded back up in Blender?
Also, the .fbx file contains a reference path to the texture the model uses. Does that path work when you move the .fbx file into the content project location?

I've modeled, textured, exported and loaded files from Blender into XNA without issue: your process is missing a step somewhere.

ok here is how I do it. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS