• Create Account

[PhysX] how to use it for obj model ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 stankar   Members   -  Reputation: 117

0Likes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hi there, I'm new in OGL and especially in PhysX and I need to know, how I can apply PhysX on models. I'm using PhysX 3.1.2 and for PhysX 3 and above there aren't good simple tutorials for beginners (except official PhysX guide).
For now I know how to create scene and actors and some shape, but I have some models (car and map) which I want to use in PhysX.

So questions are:
How I can apply map as plane (height map as ground) in PhysX ?
How I can apply car as object on map/ground in PhysX ?
Thanks for any help :)

Now I have car and map in OpenGL and basic create physx scene:
Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3261

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

• How I can apply map as plane (height map as ground) in PhysX ?
  • How I can apply car as object on map/ground in PhysX ?

• Yes, I've seen some references to NxHeightFieldShape (but I don't have the SDK installed so I cannot check).
  • What does that even mean. You probably want to apply a "car with wheels" model. You'll have to look at the SDK for that. Or perhaps you'll want it to be kinematic?

#3 stankar   Members   -  Reputation: 117

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Ad 1) thanks, I'll google it :)
Ad 2) I mean of coarse car with wheels (shape of the car could be a box), I didn't find examples for this and I'm newbie so it's difficult for me.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS