• Create Account

vertex coordinates

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 joeblack   Members   -  Reputation: 261

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Hi all,
currently i use 3ds max to create my geometry , cameras ,lights...
Then i export to collada and create my own format (no change to coordinate system)
Then i load into dx. Because camera is imported from 3ds max i see models properly rendered.
I needed to change face clipping to front. So far do good and working as expected.

But rendered objects are mirrored in x axis (DX) so i need to do pos.x = -pos.x in vertex shader after applying
projection matrix.

Do you know why ?
How can i fix it ?

(i need to keep 3ds max coordinates because of physx plugin)

Sponsor:

#2 Serapth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5370

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hi all,
currently i use 3ds max to create my geometry , cameras ,lights...
Then i export to collada and create my own format (no change to coordinate system)
Then i load into dx. Because camera is imported from 3ds max i see models properly rendered.
I needed to change face clipping to front. So far do good and working as expected.

But rendered objects are mirrored in x axis (DX) so i need to do pos.x = -pos.x in vertex shader after applying
projection matrix.

Do you know why ?
How can i fix it ?

(i need to keep 3ds max coordinates because of physx plugin)

In your code, what is the up axis? In Max it is Z-up, so if you have implemented y-up, everything will be rotated 90 degrees.

#3 joeblack   Members   -  Reputation: 261

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

my up vector is 0.0f,0.0f,1.0f so it should be corect

#4 Goran Milovanovic   Members   -  Reputation: 1104

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

You should have a matrix that describes a rotation of pi/2 around the X axis, and apply that to every exported mesh.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Game Dev video tutorials  ->   http://www.youtube.com/goranmilovano |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS