• Create Account

AppStore and developer rights to a final product

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 carew   Members   -  Reputation: 128

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi,

I found some info that after I'll send a game (iOS version) to an Apple to verify process, I'll lost at this moment an avaiability to public my game via other distribution channels. So I have a question for it. Is it related only to iOS version of my game, so I can still distribute for example an Android version via Google Play? I'm planning buy an apple developer account, but I need an replay for my question before it, because I wanna distribute my game also via Google Play and via my site (PC versions for Windows,Linux and MacOSX).

And second question. Can someone tell me how this paragraph looks in practice (this is part of Apple iOS SDK license):

Apple works with many application and software developers and some of their products may be
similar to or compete with Your Applications. Apple may also be developing its own similar or
competing applications and products or may decide to do so in the future. To avoid potential
misunderstandings, Apple cannot agree, and expressly disclaims, any confidentiality obligations
or use restrictions, express or implied, with respect to any information that You may provide in
Program Agreement Page 15
connection with this Agreement or the Program, including information about Your Application,
Licensed Application Information and metadata (such disclosures will be referred to as “Licensee
Disclosures”).

Cheers,

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 18874

1Likes

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

For the first one, yes you can make versions of your product for any OS that you want. Many applications are distributed both on Apple and Android stores, among others.

For the second question, it means that if anyone else makes something similar to your app you have no recourse. If you made a program that provides an awesome service, and three months later Apple provides a similar awesome service, you can't sue Apple over it.
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 carew   Members   -  Reputation: 128

0Likes

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Thanks a lot! :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS