• Create Account

what is the best video game ever

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

#21 game of thought   Members   -  Reputation: 212

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

My favorite on pc are:
Rome :total war
Command and conquer tiberium sun
Dawn of war soulstorm

For consoles:
Worms 4 mayhem
Left 4 dead 2(never got the pc version)
Fallout 3

Sponsor:

#22 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

On PC, it's Lords of the Realm 2. There are several major features in the game I never, ever use, and I will sometimes hex edit a savegame so I can have more money, but I still love this game.

On consoles, it's a tie between Megaman 2 and Tetris, but I also really enjoy the simple, stupidish games on Atari 2600.

#23 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

SMB 3, Wing Commander (SNES), Battle of Olympus (NES), Gundam Side Story: 0079 (Dreamcast), Top Gear (SNES)
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#24 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 13577

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Starsiege: Tribes
GoldenEye 007
Perfect Dark
Killer Instinct
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VII
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Monday Night Combat
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

One of the best memories of my life was playing through Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past from start to finish in one sitting with no saves with 2 of my friends.
They each had a Super Nintendo Entertainment System and a TV and I had the ROM on my PC (no save states were used).
We all played through together, got all the hearts together, beat all the bosses together, and ate pizza together half-way through.
8 hours later we all beat the game simultaneously with 100% completion, no deaths, and no saves.

They just don’t make memories like that anymore.

L. Spiro

Edited by L. Spiro, 19 October 2012 - 06:44 PM.

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#25 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

One of the best memories of my life was playing through Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past from start to finish in one sitting with no saves with 2 of my friends.
They each had a Super Nintendo Entertainment System and a TV and I had the ROM on my PC (no save states were used).
We all played through together, got all the hearts together, beat all the bosses together, and ate pizza together half-way through.
8 hours later we all beat the game simultaneously with 100% completion, no deaths, and no saves.

That's awesome!

#26 blueshogun96   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 915

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

serious->Begin();

Azurik: Rize of Perathia

serious->End();

Follow Shogun3D on the official website: http://shogun3d.net

blogger.png twitter.png tumblr_32.png facebook.png

"Yo mama so fat, she can't be frustum culled." - yoshi_lol

#27 Cap'n VG   Members   -  Reputation: 170

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

My favorite would be Super mario 64 for its freedom in exploring as well as legend of zelda series and the Professor layton series. I can't say which one's my favorite cause all the games I've played(Except some games like Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde) are the best i've ever played.

#28 Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 344

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Azurik: Rize of Perathia

Was that a bad game? I basically ignored the first Xbox, and all I remember about Azurik was this glossy, multi-page preview in Game Informer magazine. And then I never saw the game again.

#29 azonicrider   Members   -  Reputation: 421

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

Tomba 2(PS1), but I bet you guys have never heard of it though.

Easiest way to make games, I love LÖVE && My dev blog/project

*Too lazy to renew domain, ignore above links

#30 Covert0ne   Members   -  Reputation: 104

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Good Topic, Very appropriate for my first post! Posted Image

PC = Half Life 2, Red Alert 1&2, Deus Ex
Console = DOOM

#31 Dave   Members   -  Reputation: 1514

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Deus Ex always gets a vote from me but there are too many i've enjoyed over the years.

#32 orlok8   Members   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Starsiege: Tribes
GoldenEye 007
Perfect Dark
Killer Instinct
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VII
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Monday Night Combat
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

They just don’t make memories like that anymore.

L. Spiro

ohh yes one of the classic gamers just like me I remember playing halo the first one
With my friends we died a lot but had fun doing it

#33 orlok8   Members   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

They just don't make games like they did back then

#34 orlok8   Members   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Pong

ahh the very first video game

#35 Icebone1000   Members   -  Reputation: 1085

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

Rock n` Roll Racing
The Lost Vikings 2
Fallout 1
Soul Reaver 1
GTA 3
Super Metroid
Super Bomberman 4
AvsP 2
Legend of Mana

#36 Dream Cutter   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 214

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Falcon 3 - best Sim ever. Dues Ex - bet action. BattleZone.3D - MOST FRANTIC FUN
3DSkyDome.com animated sky boxes and instant 3d Android & WebGL publishing.

#37 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution today, and it was superb. I then downloaded the Burger Menu mod and just spent hours mowing down civilians and hookers in Lower Hengsha.

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS